What has happened to the traffic on TKF?

4x4kayak2112
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: What has happened to the traffic on TKF?

Post by 4x4kayak2112 »

I just got back on the board after a long vacation from the hobby. So I will be back on alot now. Gotta try and get that 2k post mark!!
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

It's all about the post count. :wink:
cliftonio

Post by cliftonio »

What are you ladies up to?

Been a while, but I have actually been fishing a bit (between work and giving away 50% of my assets.....divorce is expensive and time consuming....CUZ ITS WORTH IT!)
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

well.... i got kicked off of the Facebook TKF Image
and Facebook has really turned nasty anyway
SOooooo.... I'm back Image
Flatfish
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flatfish »

I remember the days when the entertainment factor equaled that of the rigging/fishing/btb days. Many things seem to have happened, personal tragedies and losses of family members seem to have taken a toll on the fun factor as long time members faced difficult times and prioritized their time. Family member fighting cancer and other debilitating diseases and death zooms everything into perspective.

Time is all that we all really have that matters. I was a paramedic for a lot of years, I saw a lot in the back of my truck. People know when they are dying and they all ask for the same thing. The super rich and the poorest of the poor, they don't worry about "Call my boss or my banker."

When the end is near, they all say the same thing, "Call my wife, my husband, my son, my daughter. Tell them that I love them." Everyone wants just one more minute with the ones that they love.

I think that a lot of the old salts that spent a lot of time here and made this forum a really fun, lively place have now found ourselves 10 - 15 years older and things just happened. Family members facing difficult times and such.

Still, I miss those days when we all sought to Bigrock in various locations, why I even took it international and did it in Mexico. I miss the 16 page debate about poisonous/venomous snakes. There are still living legends on this forum, they seem to be just preoccupied at the time.

Still, we need to start worrying about what kind of world we will leave for Kieth Richards and the rest of these new, young kayak fishermen as we pass the doobie... I mean torch to the next generation who will explore new bayous and boldly go where no yak has gone before .
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Flatfish wrote:I remember the days when the entertainment factor equaled that of the rigging/fishing/btb days. Many things seem to have happened, personal tragedies and losses of family members seem to have taken a toll on the fun factor as long time members faced difficult times and prioritized their time. Family member fighting cancer and other debilitating diseases and death zooms everything into perspective.

Time is all that we all really have that matters. I was a paramedic for a lot of years, I saw a lot in the back of my truck. People know when they are dying and they all ask for the same thing. The super rich and the poorest of the poor, they don't worry about "Call my boss or my banker."

When the end is near, they all say the same thing, "Call my wife, my husband, my son, my daughter. Tell them that I love them." Everyone wants just one more minute with the ones that they love.

I think that a lot of the old salts that spent a lot of time here and made this forum a really fun, lively place have now found ourselves 10 - 15 years older and things just happened. Family members facing difficult times and such.

Still, I miss those days when we all sought to Bigrock in various locations, why I even took it international and did it in Mexico. I miss the 16 page debate about poisonous/venomous snakes. There are still living legends on this forum, they seem to be just preoccupied at the time.

Still, we need to start worrying about what kind of world we will leave for Kieth Richards and the rest of these new, young kayak fishermen as we pass the doobie... I mean torch to the next generation who will explore new bayous and boldly go where no yak has gone before .
dude...
so philosophical.. profound
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Not even sure if I could Bigrock without stretching a hammy.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Kudos to my flat brother. That was an outstanding Bigrock for south of the border in the tropical environment. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

My flat brother, were you ever bitten by a poisonous snake while in Mexico?
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

CaptJack wrote:
Flatfish wrote:I remember the days when the entertainment factor equaled that of the rigging/fishing/btb days. Many things seem to have happened, personal tragedies and losses of family members seem to have taken a toll on the fun factor as long time members faced difficult times and prioritized their time. Family member fighting cancer and other debilitating diseases and death zooms everything into perspective.

dude...
so philosophical.. profound
"World we will leave to Keith Richards..." That is freaking funny. So is line about venomous snakes. We all probably need to lighten up and just have a good time. I, by far, am not the funniest person here, I appreciate the funny ones, knowledgable ones, etc. This kind of site should be self sustaining, there is just too much good material and potential content.
Flatfish
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flatfish »

Bigrock wrote:Not even sure if I could Bigrock without stretching a hammy.
At my age I'd probably be stretching a hemi.
Flatfish
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flatfish »

Bigrock wrote:My flat brother, were you ever bitten by a poisonous snake while in Mexico?
Several, there was that German chick that I talked about here who was a true enigma, she began growing enormous breasts in her late 30's for no apparent reason. Being a paramedic I took a keen interest in solving this medical mystery but you know the rest of the story.

After drinking all of my tequila on the beach she announced that she didn't like sex so I realized that this date was over and immediately began to drive her home. I still can't understand why she got so upset when I picked up that plump but cute Mexican hooker on the side of the road, I mean she just ended the date, right? I guess I could have waited until I dropped her off to do such a thing but you have to strike while the iron is hot and she might not have been there when I got back.

I guess I'll never understand women.
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Flatfish wrote:
Bigrock wrote:My flat brother, were you ever bitten by a poisonous snake while in Mexico?
Several, there was that German chick that I talked about here who was a true enigma, she began growing enormous breasts in her late 30's for no apparent reason. Being a paramedic I took a keen interest in solving this medical mystery but you know the rest of the story.

After drinking all of my tequila on the beach she announced that she didn't like sex so I realized that this date was over and immediately began to drive her home. I still can't understand why she got so upset when I picked up that plump but cute Mexican hooker on the side of the road, I mean she just ended the date, right? I guess I could have waited until I dropped her off to do such a thing but you have to strike while the iron is hot and she might not have been there when I got back.

What did you run your divorce count to while you were there?
Flatfish
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flatfish »

Bigrock wrote:
Flatfish wrote:

What did you run your divorce count to while you were there?
Yakfoot

Post by Yakfoot »

I am really glad to see this topic, I have been worried but not quite sure if I remembered things right. As you can see from my stats I am not a big contributor to traffic. But, I must say that I have a lot of admiration for some of the people on TKF and often feel an inner sense of gratitude when they post. Sometimes it is a photo and just a little bit about a trip because they got skunked. I find a photo of a sunset or some fog on the water to be substantial stuff...downright heavy stuff. And the fact that Mr. X000 posts who knows what they are talking about got skunked...well, that means something to me...me who knows only a fraction of what they do finds that encouraging...thanks for posting. Personally, I never posted a lot because...well, I am not very talkative/post-ative anywhere anytime. But, I think the world of this board and that's why I was a little worried about traffic. This board has so much to contribute to to the sport now as it has in the past and I would like to thank Mr. Stubb everyone who has contributed a post of substance for making the kayaking world a little better place and my life better as well.

In support of the TKF forum I do hereby resolve to:

1. Press on to the goal of making 1K of substantial contributions, yeah that would be awesome.

2. Thank those who make particularly good posts, even if it is just a great photo.

3. Get a bunch of TKF stickers and plaster them on my kayaks and trucks.

Yeah, if I think a lot of this board I need to quietly put effort into make it better. Ok, got to go and order some stickers.
texan4ut
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by texan4ut »

I haven't posted as much or been on. Kinda lost interest in kayak fishing after I had a minor stroke. Got really back into hunting especially archery for deer. Also helped my Mom with building a new small home on her property in okie land. Going in May to Matty to see my friends 1st ones that got me into saltwater kayak fishing. Putting trolling motor on my yak so if I can't paddle all day then maybe I can cheat and motor along.
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Post by Z~MAN »

I've seen them come and go..Facebook took a lot of the younguns and a few salts but after the nastiness they r back. Good to see that.

Each of us have priorities while others live thru our post and so many ask for advice..
And many are lost due to not being educated in water/kayak safety.

We lost 2 in LLM so I'm trying to rally the troops to post and share advice to some of the newbies.

We r all still here some more than others

Let's go Fishin.....Coco!
Z-man
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Z~MAN wrote:I've seen them come and go..Facebook took a lot of the younguns and a few salts but after the nastiness they r back. Good to see that.

Each of us have priorities while others live thru our post and so many ask for advice..
And many are lost due to not being educated in water/kayak safety.

We lost 2 in LLM so I'm trying to rally the troops to post and share advice to some of the newbies.

We r all still here some more than others

Let's go Fishin.....Coco!
Z-man
you tell'em Z-man Image
GotThatMother

Post by GotThatMother »

I had kids.
xmatador2000

Post by xmatador2000 »

I think the culprits are the few Facebook groups about kayak fishing including the TKF one. I tried the TKF FB group a few months and I can see that it's more convenient to access since I'm regularly on FB. Then, there is also a DFW Kayak Fishing group for my area. Both groups have a lot of traffic, but the content is not as good as it is on this site in my opinion.
potlicker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by potlicker »

RedsOnRiot wrote:
b737 wrote:Lot of people talk about "facebook". I wouldn't know, I'm not on it and don't use it (world does not need to know my every move.)

TKF to me = is = "HONEST" opinions about fishing techniques, equipment, kayak evaluations, accessories - what works and what is to much trouble. Places to launch, places to stay, places to eat. Face it people, this is a sport! We are not in a do or die competition for anything. Be nice, be courteous, be helpful, and have a good time.

I used to be all open to giving up where I launch but lately I go to my spots just to find more and more trash. So I tend to keep those to myself.

Do I want to? Not really, I'd love to spread the wealth but I don't want to risk losing launch spots due to them being trashed out.

Now it's not the people of TKF that I'm worried about, it's all the other sets of eyes that peruse this site.(lurkers)

so you think it must be fellow tkf folks who trashed your launch spots?? lol wow..
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Milkjug »

Ah potlicker, where have you been bud?

Strengths: finding your obscure posts and obtaining location of spots through details such as backgrounds and pavement type of launch

Weaknesses: reading comprehension.
fryemup
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by fryemup »

Simple reasons:
1) Slowride quit the annual Margrita party. Instead of the "day the music died... "
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

Deja vu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk