Alright Borg, LTF, et al.

harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Alright Borg, LTF, et al.

Post by harv418 »

Whose up for a Thursday Afternoon Paddle, Fish, fun. I am thinking Texas city dike, or sand Island if the wind and boats are cooperating. In the immortal words of Blutowski, Whose with me.
FishDFly

Thursday

Post by FishDFly »

Weather depending, most likely can fish. I will call Borg and see what his plans are. Where is Sand Island?
harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Hopefully this works

Post by harv418 »

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=15&n=3248030&e=323108&s=100&size=s

That little island North of Pelican, South of the Dike, on the north of ICW is Sand Island. Good fishing on both sides. If we can figure out how to launch on the south side of the dike, or on the north of Pelican, we've got it made. :lol:
FishDFly

Huh

Post by FishDFly »

You could launch on the west side of the south end of the dike.

I am not sure that I would want to paddle around the end of the dike and go west. I have seen some days that it is not fun in the boat going around the end of the dike with a strong tide and wind much less in a kayak This does not take into account dodging barges and ships going into Texas City. Might think about the foot of the dike on the left as soon as you get on it.

I will hear from Borg by noon on Wednesday and see what he deems a good area. The wind has not been blowing so the water should be in good shape.

FDF
harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Moving it back to top.

Post by harv418 »

All are welcome to come out.
WideGlide

yak

Post by WideGlide »

I don't suppose that anyone would have an extra yak that I could use for a first timer without? I'd love to make a trip with someone and live in the Clear Lake area. I'm on vacation this week and if nothing else I thought about renting one to try it out for myself. About the closest I've been to playing in a yak was twice now in the pool at FTU.