Corkies?

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Corkies?

Post by TroutSupport.com »

You don't always have to fish corkies slow.. fish them how the fish want them. Sometimes I walk them right under the surface sometimes I fish 'low and slow'. The old fallacy is that you have to fish them slow and its not true. I did hear a guy say he was catching better fish in the surf fishing them a little slower... apparently the smacks and little trout were looking up and the bigger trout were lower in the water column... so it just depends on the fish and where they are in the water column. I do like the floating fatboys as well. You can also alter the sink rate of any of them by changing to lighter wire hooks.. for example, take a regular fatboy and put the gammy bronze treble hooks on them and it almost becomes a floater. Those hooks are sharp too. You can ad solder wire in the belly as well. You can also do this with broken backs to help them work deeper or shallower. Let the fish tell you what they want, and yes they will eat a corky at anytime of year.

have fun
JMS

Post by JMS »

TroutSupport.com wrote:You don't always have to fish corkies slow.. fish them how the fish want them. Sometimes I walk them right under the surface sometimes I fish 'low and slow'. The old fallacy is that you have to fish them slow and its not true. I did hear a guy say he was catching better fish in the surf fishing them a little slower... apparently the smacks and little trout were looking up and the bigger trout were lower in the water column... so it just depends on the fish and where they are in the water column. I do like the floating fatboys as well. You can also alter the sink rate of any of them by changing to lighter wire hooks.. for example, take a regular fatboy and put the gammy bronze treble hooks on them and it almost becomes a floater. Those hooks are sharp too. You can ad solder wire in the belly as well. You can also do this with broken backs to help them work deeper or shallower. Let the fish tell you what they want, and yes they will eat a corky at anytime of year.

have fun
Agree they are a year round bait and can fished at multiple speeds.....Not just for trout either a Redfish will hit them hard as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Yes they will.. I try not to let reds hit my corkies... they'll destroy them.. but hey, that's a good way to get the line stretched and get some more. LOL