show me your shoes ...

Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: show me your shoes ...

Post by Johnny5455 »

Lol!...I used to work in the sun so I was prepared my first time out.
Time flies when your out on the water hunting fish and the least amount of sun on my skin the better IMO.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

I have a few pairs of wading boots. The ones that get the most use are these ForEverlast boots/ray guards. they are the third pair I've had, having worn out the soles of the first 2 pairs. I mostly wade. Even when I take the yak, I rarely fish from the yak.

I also have two pairs of regular wading boots like these Magellans. One pair are size 15, like the ForEverlast, to allow for waders. The other pair are 13s to without waders. I wear them in the winter when there are fewer rays in the bays or in the surf where I wade without moving very much.
Attachments
image.jpg
yakinthebox

Post by yakinthebox »

I have 2 pairs of the Columbia drainmakers. I love them for general water use and anywhere that isn't shell/sand. The problem is all the little particles of shell and sand come in through the top of them or through the holes in the sole. The shells kill your feet, the sand is just a pain in the rear. As I said, they make great marsh/boat/lake shoes. But in the surf/shell/rock/river scene, I'd go with something more beefy and with a higher top...

Just my .02

I also like them because they are comfortable and stylish. I have worn them around town a lot. (Wore one pair out not even using in the water)
rickh

Post by rickh »

Yaklash wrote:I have a few pairs of wading boots. The ones that get the most use are these ForEverlast boots/ray guards. they are the third pair I've had, having worn out the soles of the first 2 pairs. I mostly wade. Even when I take the yak, I rarely fish from the yak.

I also have two pairs of regular wading boots like these Magellans. One pair are size 15, like the ForEverlast, to allow for waders. The other pair are 13s to without waders. I wear them in the winter when there are fewer rays in the bays or in the surf where I wade without moving very much.
Thanks for the pics ...
rickh

Post by rickh »

I have read stories where people get caught by low tide and have to walk the yak out. Also, I want to be able to hop out a wade a bit. That's when a light went off this morning :idea: shoes

Thanks again for the replies
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

I was overdue for some new water shoes and I decided to try Sperry this time. I chose the Sperry Topsider Sounder with Son-R technology.
In the past, my water shoes would either:
1) rot and fall apart before the season was over
2) get lost in ankle deep mud, or
3) shred to pieces in the shell beds.

I've had them for about 3 months now and here is what I think of them.

They don't stink after wading around in the marsh.
They didn't shred after walking over a couple of oyster reefs.
They don't show any signs of coming apart after repeated muddy and rocky treks.
AND THEY DON'T COME OFF IN THE TOUGHEST KNEE-DEEP MUD IN JEFFERSON COUNTY!

What more can I say. I think these are the best water shoes or boots I've ever had!

http://www.rei.com/pix/common/pixel.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zebco
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Zebco »

I would but my shoes are too smelly to photograph.

Oh, you mean kayaking shoes???

:D
Cave Diver

Post by Cave Diver »

rickh wrote:
TRD_Angler wrote:I used my vibrams when i hit up holly beach, and they did poorly. I could feel osyter particals in between my toes!!! I panicked thinking my toes were cut up. I saw a good review on these
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375799724.765296.jpg
Sweet ... this looks more my style.
I bought the drainmakers and used them a total of... once. See that high back on heel? Add a little salt and sand and you wouldn't believe the hole it rubbed through my skin - ye-ouch.

If I'm wading, I wear stingray boots. However, If I'm primarily padding, these are crazy comfortable:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0031YQOZM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They've got a strong, but flexible rubber sole that goes over the tops of your toes and also up the back to protect your heel. I don't seek to walk across oyster, but have kicked and stepped on them without an issue.

-Tom
Angler

Post by Angler »

Yaklash wrote:I have a few pairs of wading boots. The ones that get the most use are these ForEverlast boots/ray guards. they are the third pair I've had, having worn out the soles of the first 2 pairs. I mostly wade. Even when I take the yak, I rarely fish from the yak.

X2 same setup. Work well.

Ray guards if wading the flats or surf (they don’t fit in the heel/foot space of the Cobra Fish n Dive cuz they’re wide)
These boots are perfect for shuffling around after you hop out of yak to throw some Artie’s.

RAYS REALLY HURT. LOTS OF RAYS DOWN SOUTH.

Shorties ankle high for all other yak fishing. Very sturdy soles hold up to shells real well. The zippers are real sturdy too.

I try to hose them off along with all other stuff to preserve longer life.

Strong recommend
murraycamp

Post by murraycamp »

I recently bought a pair of Simms Riprap on sale and have had good luck with them, although I have yet to try them in salt. Worked great wading the Buffalo river for smallmouth, but oysters and rays are a whole different deal than crawfish and river rocks. :shock:

https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/shoes ... e-s17.html
pdmarty

Post by pdmarty »

I too am a fan of Columbia's Drainmaker. But a new pair every 2-3 years. Highly recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk