Airyak!!!

AlanC
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Airyak!!!

Post by AlanC »

H&F44Abbott wrote:You'll be deaf in a week even with ear plugs 8) :lol:
Unless its a 4 stoke hhhhmmmmm...
A point I made to Zenoah when I made a request of them to produce a 4 stroke outboard engine specifically for the ever growing kayak fishing market. As I just made the request this morning I think it might be a few days before they reply with any info, positive or negative. I think that they do actually already make a 4 stroke so it would come down to making it fit a small outboard gear case. It would not be a large leap for them at all since they make r/c hobby engines as well. Rather than requesting that they make the outboard out right, I asked them to look into the potential market for such a product and I am figuring that they should see a vast potential profit with such an engine. Keeping my fingers crossed :mrgreen:
skunk factory

Post by skunk factory »

mad3cker wrote:quick sketch :dance:
i had the same idea. w/o the stabilizers. the frame of the motor can fit into the scupper holes in the back.
WesC

Post by WesC »

mad3cker wrote:I plan on using a 25cc weedeater motor should be pushin about 8500rpm and about theturtling issue ive got that covered lol i've already started on an outriggers system with some 6in pvc this yaks is gunna be beast haha :D
What Size prop are you planning on running? what kind of range are you hoping to get out of this setup?
WesC

Post by WesC »

mad3cker wrote:howdy there fellow yakers i got a little project goin in the works im building a fan to put on my kayak so my question is, wood or plastic propeller and why?

opinions are much appreciated :D
Is this where you got the idea? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXy3eWH3Uo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WesC

Post by WesC »

Any update?
T Rex

Post by T Rex »

You'd need a powerful motor to move at a reasonable speed, especially in choppy water.
Take a look at this article: http://wavewalk.com/blog/2011/03/20/air ... yak-movie/
TDD
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by TDD »

neat idea but noise on the water is amplified seriously ...... that will be the bottom line