Tom/Clay Is Now the time to make the Board Better????

JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Tom/Clay Is Now the time to make the Board Better????

Post by JimD »

Tom and Clay,

I love the new board. I know that we have been struggling with the old board and the interim board too.

With the new board I realize that there are a lot of loose ends to get straighten out that were left over from two boards ago but I had some suggestions that I would like to make NOW before you get finished and Tom is too busy fishing to get everything done the first time. (Of course it might be best if Tom does not help too much if it includes going into the system.) :lol:

Questions:
Will we have direct chat on the board?

Email?
Archive of old posts?
How about a direct weather link to real time radar for the Galveston area on the main page for a quick check?
How about a real calendar for events?
(Heck just borrow some of Mont’s ideas. He has some good ones and probably would not mind. Hey Great Minds think alike anyway.)

Now with the new system lets clean up the left hand side of the page and completely reorganize and simplify the list. It is very confusing since this links list has been a work in progress and adds since the first board when Richard owned it.

We have a lot of good information that needs to be organized, added to, set up and so that it is easily viewed.

Update the contact page. Still shows Bryan as contact person.

At one time there was only one of Joe G’s musings. Where are all the other articles?

We are short some of Jack’s posts. Ever since Jack sent me the pxs of his yak and what he carries it has not expanded nor printed because Jack built it to be viewed only and not printed.

Lets get a Jack section for all his rigging, fishing, and General BS posts and pxs of value.

How about pxs from outer yakers? We have a lot of talent on the board that can be shared from ideas and rigging.

Really we need to do is start over and reorganize the whole left side of the page and regroup everything.

Keep up the good work. I do like what we have but now is the perfect time to reorganize the whole thing to flow.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

JimD
Last edited by JimD on Mon Jun 16, 2003 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roostertail

Post by Roostertail »

Very good suggestions Jim, I agree with you especially on the left side List. :roll:
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: site update post

Post by NoBoat »

I just sent you an email.

We are planning on reworking the rest of the site now that the message board is up and running.
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Clay Sounds great

Post by JimD »

Glad that Tom found someone that is cares and is a detailed type person to help him make this the best board ever.

I did not check the email yet.

The left side remided me of the first time or two I worked on my Web site. Seems easier to just add to things vs re organize till you evaluate the fisished product.

Keep up the Good work. I am really impressed. I fig we were doomed with the old board and ways things were done or not done in a timely manner.

Will there be room for people to send in px of how they rigged their yak and other items?
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by NoBoat »

Yes, We will have a rigging section for readers kayaks. If you have a picture of your kayak and would like it added to the reader's rigging section, send us the photo(s) with a paragraph or two that describes what you have done.
caseyg99

How about a chat room..?

Post by caseyg99 »

I think maybe one night a week would be great to chat with others here.
NoBoat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by NoBoat »

Please be sure to post any enhancement requests in the Web Site Enhancements/Discussions forum. We are taking suggestions and hope to begin implementing these soon.