waders

fisher4life

waders

Post by fisher4life »

Stupid question I just got my first pair of waders for Christmas. Do you wear clothes underneath or not?
lurejunkee
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: waders

Post by lurejunkee »

Only stupid question is the one not asked.... sure u can... fit permitting. im sure some if not most wear some form of clothing... ie, thermals if needed or just plain shorts.

I have a pair of orvis neoprene that fit snug and for me the water doesnt seem to have required thermals... yet. i wear a pair of shorts for ease of changing when i get back in.

Wear what you feel is comfortable (in the water).
kneekap

Post by kneekap »

Wear a pair of thick socks for cushioning and so those tootsies
can breathe.
chrismunn

Post by chrismunn »

are they neoprene or rubber?

it would be unbearable to wear rubber waders with nothing underneath but if you have neoprene you might not be able to get anything on underneath them?
reddog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by reddog »

Please do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BrandonFox

Post by BrandonFox »

On really cold days, Ill wear a layer of thermals, and sweatpants or even jeans underneath. On days that the air temp is reasonable I will usually just go with thermals or windbreakers only. This is with breathable waders though.

SLA
fisher4life

Post by fisher4life »

They are neoprene so I no they fit snug so I got a size bigger to be able to wear shorts underneath so I could change.
BrandonFox

Post by BrandonFox »

Just go with what works for you. Bring an extra pair of pants in your truck or boat and change if you feel neccesary.

Good luck!

SLA
chrismunn

Post by chrismunn »

i wear pants under my waders. i always wear long tube socks so i can tuck the pant legs into my socks. it keeps the pant legs from rolling up and bunching up around your knees while trying to squeez into the waders.

the type of pant i wear under my waders kinda depends on the weather. if its really cold ill wear something like sweat pants. if its mild but sunny ill wear wind brreakers. if for some reason it decides to warm up while im on the water and my legs start sweating something crazy, the waders come off, so i never go nude!
chiefjoe

Post by chiefjoe »

Just show up at the launch site, drop those pants and put on those waders. Just make sure you're alone :lol: :dance: when you do it. Be brave, go forth and have fun fishing.
5moreminutes
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by 5moreminutes »

Just got me some breathable Simms waders. Looking at getting the fleece bib you can wear under neath. Good luck
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

Commando
rayb

Post by rayb »

Breathables with these on a cold day.
http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/48774?feat=sr&term=wader" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; pants