Hello Victoria

jtzilla

Re: Hello Victoria

Post by jtzilla »

Congrats on the wifes new job, great fishing down that way.
txkayaker

Post by txkayaker »

Definitely try Shoalwater, outside shore at daybreak for trout, weather and boat traffic permitting and inside behind the windmill mid morning.
CaptJack
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by CaptJack »

Seadrift / Shoalwater
lptxguy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by lptxguy »

Born in Vic. My family still lives there also in placedo and Bloomington. Texas drive inn! I've got to eat there every time burger and shake. I just don't understand why Navarro is still on the horse and carriage speed limit!
osochuck
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by osochuck »

Kahuna we need to schedule a day trip next month and hit some spots....and recon a resturant for lunch. Maybe some locals will come along for the action.
superyak

Post by superyak »

Hey, I am also living in Victoria. I go to Charlie's a lot........Indianola sometimes............Jenson Point Rd in Palacious every now and then. All spots within about 1 hour drive.

Hit me up.......especially if you can fish during the week!!
Carlos CTX

Post by Carlos CTX »

osochuck wrote:Kahuna we need to schedule a day trip next month and hit some spots....and recon a resturant for lunch. Maybe some locals will come along for the action.
X2
great idea!
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sight casting flounder potlicking Mt Stringer and Osochuck

Post by Big Kahuna »

I am all in for a recon trip to the areas north of corpus
jcm1983

Post by jcm1983 »

bump :)

victoria newbie here
DX2

Post by DX2 »

Swan lake & red fish lake off of lavaca river seasonal cooler months better on trout reds year around launch point comfort. Seadrift bayfront quick paddle to mouth of canal is good. Garcitas creek & Bennett park both good colder months.Sleghbach creek great when its colder than a witches --- lol . Sixmile area & bauer rd is pretty good. When your ready let me know I will start fishing bays again end of summer its btb season 8)
McLain25

Post by McLain25 »

I live in Victoria. Hit me up for a trip sometime. I like to go out of Charlie's. POC can get too crazy, there are a lot of party people there.
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Big Kahuna »

David77- I can't wait to get my yaks down here. I am settled in nicely and the people here have been great. Also ate at family table in Victoria and it was the SH%$. Right now I will be doing some bank fishing and wading to hold me over. I see you, AT, and Prof getting out there with da monsters. But I will post up when the yak is here and locked and loaded. As always if I post up anyone is welcome to tag along. I need new yakking buddies.

Mahalo
Lat22

Post by Lat22 »

I'd eat fried gizzards at Texas Drive Inn everyday. Good thing I'm only through there twice a month. :mrgreen:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Be sure to look up David Cunningham at Texas Rod Works!

http://www.texasrodworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rayb

Post by rayb »

With my tongue firmly in my cheek, I would like to point out how stingy and selfish folks on this site are with their fishing spots :roll: :wink:
You folks are great!!!
keith1

Post by keith1 »

Another newbie from the Victoria , well Edna been in the area all my life . Don't have a yak yet
jcm1983

Post by jcm1983 »

david 77 im actually in bloomington also. lol, im the guy with the yellow malibu on top of a jeep right by the exxon station. pm me if you ever need a fishing partner, you also mclain25. wish i would have checked this thread earlier... I was off all wknd.
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Big Kahuna »

jcm1983 wrote:david 77 im actually in bloomington also. lol, im the guy with the yellow malibu on top of a jeep right by the exxon station. pm me if you ever need a fishing partner, you also mclain25. wish i would have checked this thread earlier... I was off all wknd.
I see your jeep everyday I leave work from INEOS
aguaflaca

Post by aguaflaca »

born and raised in Port Lavaca. I fish the Garcitas & Placedo Creek areas of Lavaca Bay out of 6 Mile boat ramp regularly. my mom & dad live about a 1/4 mile from there. I also spend a lot of time in Indianola and at Keller Bay (Olivia).

need to plan a TKF mid coast trip.

BY THE WAY as far as distance from Victoria, Six Mile on Lavaca Bay is about as close as you can get to the salt.
keith1

Post by keith1 »

Big Kahuna wrote:
jcm1983 wrote:david 77 im actually in bloomington also. lol, im the guy with the yellow malibu on top of a jeep right by the exxon station. pm me if you ever need a fishing partner, you also mclain25. wish i would have checked this thread earlier... I was off all wknd.
Do you ever get to the port for ineos ? I work at the port for formosa
aguaflaca

Post by aguaflaca »

keith1 wrote:
Big Kahuna wrote:
before they shut fishing down in the port after 9/11 we used to catch a lot of really nice trout on those reefs in the winter and early spring.
DX2

Post by DX2 »

rayb wrote:With my tongue firmly in my cheek, I would like to point out how stingy and selfish folks on this site are with their fishing spots :roll: :wink:
You folks are great!!!
Lol I know more fishing spots than I know words :lol: The key is to not fish where everyone else is fishing............over fished spots no good !
DX2

Post by DX2 »

Will do ! I see your jeep & yak daily when I drive through .I should be back into the bays around Sep or Oct is my bay season when the water cools down and tides are low . Them reds can't hide from me then lol
DX2

Post by DX2 »

Big Kahuna wrote:David77- I can't wait to get my yaks down here. I am settled in nicely and the people here have been great. Also ate at family table in Victoria and it was the SH%$. Right now I will be doing some bank fishing and wading to hold me over. I see you, AT, and Prof getting out there with da monsters. But I will post up when the yak is here and locked and loaded. As always if I post up anyone is welcome to tag along. I need new yakking buddies.

Mahalo
Soon it cools off some we will hit up some areas I know for sure. Also try my favorite spots to eat ! Mumphords bbq on juan linn street >great yard bird .El pico de gallo Rio grande st. > vato taco or pico special or Taco express south Laurent st. Good food
keith1

Post by keith1 »

aguaflaca wrote:
keith1 wrote:
Big Kahuna wrote: I see your jeep everyday I leave work from INEOS
before they shut fishing down in the port after 9/11 we used to catch a lot of really nice trout on those reefs in the winter and early spring.
I grew up fishing the area the port is now before it was there . When it use to be a shell road by the old limestone plant . Also fished the cp&l intake and discharge . My dad worked there for 35 years . Use to catch a ton of fish in the old witco dock and the reefs by Alcoa .