Strike King Redfish Magic Spinnerbait

jopa

Strike King Redfish Magic Spinnerbait

Post by jopa »

Does anyone use these? If so, what are good colors for reds in marshes? A fishing buddy of mine gave me a couple to try and they look promising, just wanted to see what the general consensus is with the TKF crowd.

Thanks,
Joel
Attachments
2012-07-26_20-46-25_461.jpg
Bad Luck Guy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Strike King Redfish Magic Spinnerbait

Post by Bad Luck Guy »

They work but the brand tends to get mangled pretty easily. There are better brands but I hate trying to find them so those work for me. I usually throw a chicken on a chain or morning glory color paddle tail on there.
texan4ut
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by texan4ut »

Awhile back I was at Cabelos in Buda they had em for $1.59 each in only one kinda redish color that didn't look good. I bought 10 of em and just use various colors of stuff like root beer, chicken, red/white etc. Caught a few fish on em.
Ms addicted
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ms addicted »

I love spinner baits for redfish, they work well but not in all situations.

That particular brand gets bent up easily as was mentioned. We order the spinner baits from Bayou Bucks (the ones that are all one pre-made piece, not the add on spinners). They are kinda pricy but worth it as they dont get bent. In fact, I have never had one get mangled up. You will lose some casting them off though but that is with any lure. Copper or gold are great colors for reds. The Bayou Bucks come with a rootbeer colored grub tail that is da bomb.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Which ever brand you buy I suggest two things.
1. Take off the plastic and attach a Gulp product
2. Before you get it wet, apply clear nail polish to the spinner to preserve its gloss.
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

Tombo wrote:Which ever brand you buy I suggest two things.
2. Before you get it wet, apply clear nail polish to the spinner to preserve its gloss.
X2
Bad Luck Guy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Bad Luck Guy »

Tombo wrote:Which ever brand you buy I suggest two things.
Interesting about the Gulp. I always considered Gulp as something you let sit, either drag it or pop it. I figured it needed time for the scent to disperse to attract a fish. I always switched to soft plastics, spoons or hard baits if I am going to swim it back. I guess taking scent trail out, it would help the fish hold on longer when they do find it.
DelSol
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by DelSol »

I always take off the plastic that came with it and put on a Gulp swimming mullet 8)
Stinkbait

Post by Stinkbait »

I have had good luck on these spinnerbaits in murky water. I like the pearl white when fishing in a muddy marsh. I have not had much success in clear water, such as on the flats fishing potholes. Has anyone else done well with these baits in clear water situations?
txspeck
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by txspeck »

X2 Tom
Texas Hooter

Post by Texas Hooter »

Today I threw this lure and from the first cast caught reds almost one after the other. All released. I had a horrible backlash while drifting and while fixing it I had a 23”take it. I will for sure be trying this at other spots. YMMV
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

That is one of my favorite lures to throw. I caught my personal best flounder (23") with that pink one shown.
That's a good tip about the clear nail polish. After the first time using it the gloss on the spinner blade gets real dull and the finish is almost flaking off. It still catches fish though.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

the Baad Marine Supply spinner bait is a tough little mother... use it with any swimbait.. gulp curl tail or paddle tail . Capt Steve Soule like olives and purples. Chicken on Chain is good. Chart or pearl both good. It really tends not to matter.
Texas Hooter

Post by Texas Hooter »

After the rain yesterday I got into slot reds heavy throwing the spinner with one of those chicken on a chain paddletail mullets with the little glass rattle in the belly. Eventually my little gold spinner fell off. I need to look into getting some decent spinners. I’ll check out Baad marine.
JMS

Post by JMS »

When I first started fishing the coast I threw a lot of those SK spinnerbaits because it was a lure I was familiar with from bass fishing...Caught some decent fish on them, still use them today but not as much...Favorite color? Tobian’s Shallow Water Reds video has great information on best color for water condition I use that knowledge for whatever lure I throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redneckyakclub01
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by redneckyakclub01 »

Stinkbait wrote:I have had good luck on these spinnerbaits in murky water. I like the pearl white when fishing in a muddy marsh. I have not had much success in clear water, such as on the flats fishing potholes. Has anyone else done well with these baits in clear water situations?
I have not had good luck in clear water either with these but have with inline spinners. The only exception is in low light conditions. I have thrown it at dusk and with a fast retrieve so the blade bulges the water surface. Reds killed it.
Bayou Burner

Post by Bayou Burner »

H&H makes a good spinner arm