TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
By JeffG.
Does anyone know where to buy the Jackson Big Tuna around Houston? Any thoughts on this new boat? I fish from a Native Manta Ray now and am interested in a tandem.
Thanks guys!
Jeff
By DLCrouch
JeffG. wrote:Does anyone know where to buy the Jackson Big Tuna around Houston? Any thoughts on this new boat? I fish from a Native Manta Ray now and am interested in a tandem.
Thanks guys!
Jeff

FTU here in Houston, but I'd suggest a trip to TG Canoe in San Marcos. They can set up a demo ride - great folks.
By JeffG.
Thanks for the reply. I usually just lurk around here, but knew this was the place for answers! Does anyone have an opinion about the Tuna? I was getting real close to buying an Ultimate tandem, but the Tuna has caught my eye.
Pros: self bailing, as oppossed to the Ulitimate.
Cons: pretty heavy.

Looking for a tandem/solo to keep the wife happy!

Once I decide, I will have a Native Manta Ray and a Red fish that need a new home.
By thetango9r
Come to the Yak Shack in Portland, Texas. We have 3 and can put you on the water any day that we are open for a demo or full day of fishing from it. If you end up wanting one we can make arrangements to meet you. PM and will give you the number. I do not wanna infringe on TKF posting rules.
By vanjr
Big tuna could be a great addition to the fleet. Keep the manta ray for days by yourself-its definitely a lighter load:)
By chicken...
JeffG. wrote:Looking for a tandem/solo to keep the wife happy!

A tandem will either bring you closer together or result in a divorce :lol: , just saying. . . . .

Hope it does work out for you though, nothing better than your wife fishing with you (every now and then!)

Happy Fishin'
chicken :wink:
By JeffG.
HAHA...
Yes, I have heard that a tandem is a marriage killer! But if your going to ruin a marriage, might as well do it on the water in a yak. Thus, the need to convert one to a solo...if need be. :wink:
I still can't find enough info about the TUNA. I am looking at the Hobie Odyssey. Any thoughts?
Friends don't let friends

had to go back and look at it again. so cool.

San Luis pass claims another life

Sad. Report says he was 19 years old, wade fishin[…]

P. Salt, Great Job

Catch flounder w bacon????

I'm telling you, it's the FAT! We humans love it t[…]