Smith Point Road

CrazyAl

Smith Point Road

Post by CrazyAl »

Hey guys. Anyone know if it's safe to leave a vehicle parked on the side of Smith Point Road? ACK Launch Points lists it as a dot, that don't mean much though. I've fished at Anuhach 4 or 5 times, but never made quite this far South in East Bay. The marsh right in there looks good on the map, I'd like to check it out when I have time to go fishing again (which maybe never at the rate I'm going these days). Looks to me like the White Heron road to just to the North is gated off.
Attachments
smith point.JPG
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Smith Point Road

Post by shoffer »

I often wondered this myself. Looking forward to the responses.
vincent
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by vincent »

I've seen crabbers and alligator hunters park there...I launched from there last year...when we had zero rain for 6+ months and there were some redfish in there....and lots of gators and gator gar......got back to my car to find a GIANT dead racoon in the bed of our truck....I think it was a sign from someone :D ...haven't been back since....did talk with someone who when earlier this year and said you could drink the water back there and it was FULL of gators on the shorelines....and big gar in the middle of those lakes....they said they were very uncomfortable fishing there and didn't catch anything....
vincent
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by vincent »

PS...it's 5.98mi. to the bridge and the open bay one way.... :P and hope you don't have an outgoing tide for the paddle home... :D
speckboy

Post by speckboy »

Negative. I once lived down there and know its not safe to leave your truck on the side of smith point rd. Not a lot of state troopers venture that far. Quickest way to the bridge by gordy marsh is launching at job beason and paddling down or launch at smith point and paddle up or white heron but you gotta know the old man to get on his property
Beamwalker

Post by Beamwalker »

I launched there about 2 months ago. Truck was ok, but there are a BUNCH of gators. Caught one red after a full day's fishing. There are a bunch of shallows and and deep holes in the cuts. Reminded me a little too much of Kadoma.
chris3250
Location: Clear Lake/College Station, 2011 Camo Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Post by chris3250 »

Almost looks like you could turn down White Heron Rd from Smith Point and take the second left to an area that looks kayak friendly. Granted that this isnt private property or anything like that..
CrazyAl

Post by CrazyAl »

Thanks guys, info is much appreciated. Wow on the coon - that would turn you off from an area pretty quick.
M T Stringer
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by M T Stringer »

Have been out there fishing with my bud Chicken... but we launched way at the end by the RV park.

That area doesn't see much traffic whatsoever as it is a dead end road to the tip of a peninsula. Not sure about that part of the road being not safe, but felt fine where we launched...(in case you are looking for a plan B in that area)