TKF 1000 Club

(Pic) Very windy fishing report, from Hero to Zero

Post by Lefty Ray »

Newt
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

BOCA GRIP

Post by Newt »

:lol: Lefty, I notice quite a few of your customers use the Boca Grip. Is that a requirement or fishing with Lefty? :lol:

Post by Guest »

I use it to lessen the handling of the fish. No fish slime is removed and we can also check its weight. Reviving the fish is also easier since you can figure 8 the fish instead of swishing it back and forth.
JB

Post by JB »

No doubt the Boga is an excellent tool, but I've seen knockoffs advertised for much less money.

I'm curious how difficult it is to use one to land a flounder or small wildly thrashing trout?
Lefty Ray
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

(Pic)

Post by Lefty Ray »

The biggest problem is letting the client know how it operates (I forget sometimes) and then letting the client gain some confidence using it while holding the fish for a picture. Flounder has not been a problem, but as a whole the smaller the fish the more they thrash trying to get loose. I have had my sunglasses and cameras splashed on by more smaller fish than any big fish.

The other brands of similar tools have had problems according to some friends who own them. The have told me that jaws toque allowing the fish to escap prematurely. Just another "you get what you paid for" scenario. Luckily I got mine for a birthday present from my wife rather than paying for it by myself (It still came out of the same bank account, but it is the thought that counted).

Image[/img]
chasin_tails

I was just going to post a question about this.

Post by chasin_tails »

Has any one tried the Berkeley one or one of those knock-offs on Ebay?