7/16 @ BA-18

joshcad85

7/16 @ BA-18

Post by joshcad85 »

We ended up going to BA-18 in Galveston, and had a blast. We left the house about 5:45 and got to the sea wall at 7am, and went down to look for BA-16. We got down to BA-16 and the wife wasn't liking the spot so we moved 2 down to BA-18 and the beach had a lot less people on it to begin with. It was a pretty rough morning for me since I have never gotten the kayak in the surf before now. So we got unloaded and I did a practice run with just paddle and pfd and did pretty good till a big wave pushed me back up b/c I didn't hit it head on and I almost flipped. Next try out I went head on with the waves and got out passed the breakers without any problems, and then I tryed my re-entry, which was REALLY fun. I didn't even even do that much fishing with playing with the kids, and playing in the surf with me and my oldest daughter in the kayak. We had a blast. I finally went out BTB again with some shrimp and a popping cork setup and made a couple of casts. Caught about 6 or 7 pretty good size Gafftop Catfish. Which was pretty nice b/c I hooked up on just about ever cast... Which is a huge change from my last couple fresh water experiences. All in all, we had a great trip. Got there about 7am and left about 6pm. Didn't catch anything but the Gafftop, but had fun doing it. No pics for now, b/c we forgot our camera and bought a little $10 Walmart Digital for the day but it doesn't want to hook up to my computer for some reason. Definitely going to have to get out on the salt again.