Light House Lake's Trip 1st outing

ChilisYak

Light House Lake's Trip 1st outing

Post by ChilisYak »

Well it going to be first real outing for my Son, and Myself on our Yaks, Trip is scheduled for Saturday at LHL. Got GPS, Maps, First Aid, PFD's ,Sunscreen, Probably to much Gear :oops: ,

Would Any body care to Share some Tip's . Planning on Live Bait with artificials as Backups , But never used Artificials. Tried to get a Guide , waited to late to book, will follow up with Slow ride Later :lol:
fishaddict

Re: Light House Lake's Trip 1st outing

Post by fishaddict »

For arties's keep it simple. 4 that I always take. Gold spoon,silver spoon, topwater in white with red head or bone color or pink. My favorite is the skitterhawk. And bag of gulps. The gulps can be fished just like live shrimp under a cork. You may find gulps the way to go as now there are tons of piggy's in the bays that will eat all your live shrimp in no time. Topwater in the early morning first thing then go to spoons after that gulps.

Marshall
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

Stopped by LHL this morning and it looks like you will have plenty of company for your adventure Saturday.
Whiplash

Post by Whiplash »

Awesome post, I am making my first trip to LHL next week. Can someone help me out is LHL the way to go or is B&R a better option. Plan on fishing artificials only. Can't wait!

TXP
texnomad
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by texnomad »

At any given hour the wind, tide or crowds will choose the which side of 361 to fish. B&R and LHL are right across highway 361 from each other as in a few hundred feet apart. The wind usually chooses for me.
During the hot days like now, sitting in the shade under one of the 361 highway bridges can feel real good.
SAPDBLUE

Post by SAPDBLUE »

I found that topwaters, crankbaits like a Manns, DOA shrimp n quarter ounce, and gulp rigged weedless like with a worm hook work best. There is grass so it is easy to get caught on it. I think its too shallow to use a cork presentation unless u use a short leader, just my observation though. Something that might work is free lining live shrimp at a tailing or cruising red. Look for bait being busted, tails, and wakes. Have fun, its a cool place to explore.
SAPDBLUE

Post by SAPDBLUE »

I found that topwaters, crankbaits like a Manns, DOA shrimp n quarter ounce, and gulp rigged weedless like with a worm hook work best. There is grass so it is easy to get caught on it. I think its too shallow to use a cork presentation unless u use a short leader, just my observation though. Something that might work is free lining live shrimp at a tailing or cruising red. Look for bait being busted, tails, and wakes. Have fun, its a cool place to explore.
ChilisYak

Post by ChilisYak »

Thanks for all the Advice, Use to walk B & R Flats when my Boys were Young, Now Its time to explore a little deeper. Looking forward to Cruzin the Grass lines . Will P/U a Few arti's, I never Used anything Artifical before a Little leary.
mossyjoke

Post by mossyjoke »

Dontg sweat it. Once you start using arties and start catching fish, you'll love it! Especially tops! There's nothing like seeing that blow up and feeling the pull. Or watching a bruiser red in skinny water zero in on your lure and see him just steam roll it! Good luck, man. Take in a breath of salty air and enjoy it!