TOPS---SWORN TO SECRECY....

NaplesJohn
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

TOPS---SWORN TO SECRECY....

Post by NaplesJohn »

Hooked up with Steve, Paul and Rob and wandered off to "the spot". I was blindfolded and am unable to disclose the location..sorry.

I have been on a long duration slump that goes well past last summer with good days few and far between. A limit of reds seems mythical...

Two weeks ago I had back to back good trout fishing, did the party boat thing out of AP last week with a gang from CorpusFishing and did well...Maybe things are changing!

Today extended my stretch of good days. The best part all my fish were on tops, though I donated and destroyed a few. The fish here seem to have serious attitude. Epic blowups , missed opportunities, broken lures, straightened hooks, and at 0900 (3 hours on the water) nothing on the string :x Then I slid back into an area where we started, and for me it was game on! Real quick limit of quality fish, including one that required post mortem removal of the topwater as it was buried really deep. The pic does not to it justice as it migrated farther south while it swam around on the stringer. Everyone had a decent day, with a few trout by Steve, and some oversize fish...
Best part of the day...sunrise
Hungry
Stringer
RedHead
osojet

Re: TOPS---SWORN TO SECRECY....

Post by osojet »

WTG Guys!! Sounds like y'all had a good time! I guess someone "lost" my phone number. :( I woulda brought my own blindfold!!! :lol:
Rob Red

Post by Rob Red »

osojet wrote:WTG Guys!! Sounds like y'all had a good time! I guess someone "lost" my phone number. :( I woulda brought my own blindfold!!! :lol:

Thought you were in Colorado......
Arnulfo Curiel
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Arnulfo Curiel »

:D Very nice buddy, you'll slammed them. Good Job, nothing wrong with keeping spots on the "down low" :wink: .
-Arnulfo
Coastal Country
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Coastal Country »

Arnulfo Curiel wrote::D Very nice buddy, you'll slammed them. Good Job, nothing wrong with keeping spots on the "down low" :wink: .
-Arnulfo
That and certain landowners prefer it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Nice fish. I think I know where this is at....hmm.

I'm finally heading to Rockport this weekend for the first since January. No kayaks, just spending time with my parents.
Sugar Jay
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sugar Jay »

Based on the reflection on the water and the type of grass hanging off your red I know exactly where you were 8) Don't worry though, I will only tell the first 300 that PM me where you were.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Josh, you will never regret the time you spend with your parents. Trust me.
Neumie wrote:Nice fish. I think I know where this is at....hmm.

I'm finally heading to Rockport this weekend for the first since January. No kayaks, just spending time with my parents.