Mesh pockets for Yack

PocketYaker

Mesh pockets for Yack

Post by PocketYaker »

maybe u gents can help me with something, im looking for small mesh pockets that i could put into the circles area for some small tackle boxes, thanks.
Attachments
2011-05-02_18-50-15_819.jpg
raruga

Re: Mesh pockets for Yack

Post by raruga »

i think hobie makes some side pockets that go right around that area you circled. i have not yet looked for them my self but you can probably find them at ftu or ack.
bboren
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by bboren »

Get on ACK's website Hobie and Native make some. They are all different sizes and it should tell you the dimensions of them on the website if not call the store. ACK is very good about helping you get what you need and can get it to you pretty quick. I dont know if it comes with hardware to mount it, that would be a good question to ask them, but I would either use rivets or well nuts for sure! Good Luck with the decision. :D
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Pasadena, Texas 77502 and any where my kayaks can go.

Post by 1alextorres »

there are two types that I have used on my Wilderness kayaks. I have used the mesh one that Hobie sells and have also used the ones that come from the Search 15 from Perception. The ones on the Search have a bigger pocket and also have velco to close the pouch so nothing comes out. Here is a link were I ordered mine:
http://topkayaker.net/TopKayakerShop/in ... cts_id=816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have them on my T160i and are very secure. I used SS hardware to secure mine on to my kayaks.
PocketYaker

Post by PocketYaker »

raruga wrote:i think hobie makes some side pockets that go right around that area you circled. i have not yet looked for them my self but you can probably find them at ftu or ack.
bboren wrote:Get on ACK's website Hobie and Native make some. They are all different sizes and it should tell you the dimensions of them on the website if not call the store. ACK is very good about helping you get what you need and can get it to you pretty quick. I dont know if it comes with hardware to mount it, that would be a good question to ask them, but I would either use rivets or well nuts for sure! Good Luck with the decision. :D
1alextorres wrote:there are two types that I have used on my Wilderness kayaks. I have used the mesh one that Hobie sells and have also used the ones that come from the Search 15 from Perception. The ones on the Search have a bigger pocket and also have velco to close the pouch so nothing comes out. Here is a link were I ordered mine:
http://topkayaker.net/TopKayakerShop/in ... cts_id=816" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have them on my T160i and are very secure. I used SS hardware to secure mine on to my kayaks.
thanks guys for the input
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Post by RedWolf »

The ones Hobie sells/uses are a bit small IMO to be of much practical use. (i can fit my Playsport in one and a pair of needlenose in the other) The concept is good, but the engineering of it could be a bit better.