TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
That bridge over the canal that drains The Lagoon into the HSC has been reopened for a long time FYI.

I also like to crab on the N. Jetty on Bolivar. Take the ferry over and it's a left at 17th, I believe.
I don't have any specific spots but I prefer bulkheads and piers over grassy shorelines. I like places not frequented by crowds of crabbers and not adjacent to areas that have commercial crab traps - you won't find any big crabs in those areas.
Milkjug wrote:That bridge over the canal that drains The Lagoon into the HSC has been reopened for a long time FYI.

I also like to crab on the N. Jetty on Bolivar. Take the ferry over and it's a left at 17th, I believe.

maybe a right at 17th, a left will take you to the intracoastal.

which is not a bad place to crab - take the ferry, and take your first left just as you are coming out of the parking lot. Follow the winding road to the bridge that is out, park somewhere. There is a an oyster lake on your right, if the water is up, there will be crabs.
Usually anyplace you see me trying to fish, there will be crabs all over the place.... *sigh*

On a serious note, I like the spillway area in San Leon, the pier in San Leon on 19th St I think is also pretty decent. I always used the ring nets with chicken leg quarters for bait.
This one is [i]near[i] Galveston....

If you drive from Surfside to SLP, you will find a very large crabbing pier on the left on the Blue Water Highway. Probably the exact type of place that you're looking for, just a ways away from your old spot....
Exploring a New Area

Nice video. It didn't look like you had a wire lea[…]

That trout looks funny. Sent from my K88 using Ta[…]

How To: Yummy Crappie Soup

Excellent tutorial. Thanks! I'm ready to go catc[…]

Need decoder ring? :(

The Galveston canal communities are on fire right […]