Heights Tackle House

kpko

Heights Tackle House

Post by kpko »

Anyone know where I can get a picture of Heights Tackle House that used to be in the Houston Heights?
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Re: Heights Tackle House

Post by larry long shadows »

There was a Photo Shop on yale that sold old pic off Heights check with Yale drug or go ask Harolds at his clothing store
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

Is Harold's still open??? WOW!!

My aunt lived in the heights when I was a kid and my uncle, dad and older brothers used to get their suits there. And my aunt was a regular at Yale's.
FISH4EVER
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by FISH4EVER »

Have you tried to use Google >Streets View, they still have pictures of my house and properties before IKE? Steve
Spuds (Piscator Eximius)
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club
Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>°{ . N 29.45.24 W 95.21.19

Post by Spuds (Piscator Eximius) »

kpko wrote:Anyone know where I can get a picture of Heights Tackle House that used to be in the Houston Heights?
I can run by and take a pic of the current building, if that helps you out. It now holds an archetect firm, I believe.

GoinCoastal wrote:Is Harold's still open??? WOW!!
Harolds is alive and doing well. I heard a rumor that they were bought out by Norton Ditto but never heard any more about that. I drove by there yesterday and for sure it still has the red neon Harolds sign on top of the building. I'm not sure how many of those $3000 suits he sells, but I bet it doesn't take too many to make a tidy little sum.

I was in there earlier this year and Michael, his son, is running the store now. But Harold was also there, with a suit on, and looking good!
kpko

Post by kpko »

Thanks, guys. I really want a picture of the actual tackle shop to show my son. I used to go in there when I was growing up. I would lust after all the great tackle they had. I don't recall the fly fishing section but apparently it was very large and complete. Then last time I was in there I an early teen, and then it was gone.
DanielleBelue

Post by DanielleBelue »

I know this response is a little delayed, my grandpa owned Heights Tackle House. His name was Clyde Beal. I believe my mom has a picture, of you’re still wanting one.
kpko

Post by kpko »

I would absolutely love a picture!
Thanks for responding.
How can we proceed?
Fish Jockey

Post by Fish Jockey »

The son of the owners of Heights Tackle lives out side of Hondo Texas, I have hunted dove on his place in the past. I am sure he would have some pics. I believe I have his contact info somewhere. If you contacted me off site. I think his last name is spelled Goebel.

Gregg.