LHL and B&R on saturday

WetBirdDog

LHL and B&R on saturday

Post by WetBirdDog »

Headed with my brother to try to get on a few fish this weekend. I am hoping for some pointers for where to try. I have been to LHL once but it was in august. With the cooler water temps where should we try???
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: LHL and B&R on saturday

Post by Neumie »

WetBirdDog wrote:Headed with my brother to try to get on a few fish this weekend. I am hoping for some pointers for where to try. I have been to LHL once but it was in august. With the cooler water temps where should we try???
Current forecast has NE to E winds for the weekend. Water levels as looking pretty good too. I would go to LHL or South Bay if I were fishing this weekend. Fishing north of 361 offers a little more protection from the winds y'all will see this weekend.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

I've been out the past couple of weekends. I initially started my focus on the back lakes and at least the back lakes I've been too have been a ghost town. Not saying I didn't find any fish but one here one there type a deal and most were 16" reds. Out of 5 guys in 2 days only one keeper red was caught in the back lakes. We did find some fish out in front of back lake drains in conjunction with outgoing tide.

Based on what I'm seeing the fishing in and around Aransas/Redfish bays is not the same to say the least since the freeze. I know early after the freeze fish were schooled up IMO due to the loss of baitfish.

Good news is we do currently have an influx of baitfish moving into the bays. The closer you can get to the jetties where the baitfish and fish are coming into the bays the better IMO. South Bay would be good just be careful it'll be full of boats this weekend and the winds can make that a tough spot to fish. LHL could also be good since it's right off the channel. Sailboat channel (especially the east end) could also be good.

It's going to take some searching looking for bait, mud boils and blow ups. There's also a front blowing through Saturday morning.
WetBirdDog

Post by WetBirdDog »

Thanks a lot. Kind of landlocked where I am and don’t get many opportunities to get to the coast. Grateful for the tips and I’ll let y’all know how we do!!
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I would consider launching not at the Park for LHL, but from Harbor Island Rd and entering what's called "Redfish Loop". Here's a Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit? ... 50928&z=15

There should be plenty of water to fish these lakes, but it also gets you closer to the main drains into the Lydia Ann.
WetBirdDog

Post by WetBirdDog »

Had a great day down there. Wind got up a little but was protected. Caught a few reds. One keeper. My brother is hooked now!!! Thanks for the tips! Will have to try it again when it warms up!