TKF 5000 Club

The “Jet Angler” Kayak by Aquanami

Post by kickingback »

Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: The “Jet Angler” Kayak by Aquanami

Post by Drifting Yak »

That is pretty cool! Wonder how long it'll be before we see one on the water....
Cruisin_Cuda
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Cypress, Tx- Earth JK Cruise, Urban Camo JK Cuda 14, Camo Hobie Outback

Post by Cruisin_Cuda »

Drifting Yak wrote:That is pretty cool! Wonder how long it'll be before we see one on the water....
when they become cheaper than 6k, and when they stop putting kids in their promo video using a spinning reel upside down. :lol:
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

There was a guy that fished around rockport ... Robbie something, he made a couple bad to the bone ones using old stand up style jet skies and made mods.. he had one that was nearly 70 hp.. pretty cool, I wish I would have taken him up on his offer to go ride / fish. On one hand it's not exactly kayak fishing.. on the other it certainly increases range and fishing time by cutting down commute time. I think there are a couple of different brands out there.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Notes:
- it is heavy
- those hatches in the floor will leak. Maybe not when it is brand new, but they will and it will be pita -- especially when it'll get to your engine
- saltwater will fuck up your joystick real fast
- it is quite cool -- like a cross between jetski and kayak

Nice toy, but I suspect it'll either require careful maintenance or will break down after 1-2 years. Unlike normal yak that you can throw around, give it zero maintenance and it lasts for a decade. Which is probably the main reason why I've got kayak instead of a boat(or a skiff).
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

I've seen a few videos on this already and I got to thinking.... if I am going to get something to fish in that is motor powered for around the price of these things, I am thinking I might as well get a jet ski. These motor powered kayaks do look cool though.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Interesting that the video shows him launching BTB.............."ice cream surf, but still BTB!

But I have to agree with the statement above that, for me, if I went that route I would just get a jet ski. Probably a whole lot less maintenance and faster and more mobile..............however, 200+ lbs and launching from the sand, interesting???
txbrett

Post by txbrett »

CruisinSexyHD wrote:
Drifting Yak wrote:That is pretty cool! Wonder how long it'll be before we see one on the water....
when they become cheaper than 6k, and when they stop putting kids in their promo video using a spinning reel upside down. :lol:
Yup, exactly what I noticed. I'll just stick to my 240cm AT "motor" and my right-side up baitcasters... :lol:
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Yakety_Yak wrote:I've seen a few videos on this already and I got to thinking.... if I am going to get something to fish in that is motor powered for around the price of these things, I am thinking I might as well get a jet ski. These motor powered kayaks do look cool though.
For that money I'm getting a used John boat and trailer and buying a 5 horse outboard. I won't look as cool or go as fast, but I will have it in good working order a lot longer and carry much more gear.

But yeah, that looks pretty damn cool...
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Tres kuewl, for sure, but that ain't no kayak. I did not notice any paddles in the photos.

Probably great if one owned a placed right on a fresh water lake, but, I fear the salt water would do bad things to that engine.....,and, often.
WoodsWaterSky

Post by WoodsWaterSky »

Yep, no doubt it's probably a lot of fun... But I wonder what the effect of inhaling all the sand and mud is on the jet while scootin about the skinny...
vstrom650

Post by vstrom650 »

Don't forget having to pay da man for registration since it's now a power boat.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

A common problem with other models of jet powered kayaks was the engine. I looked on their website and it made no mention of what the motor mfg. was, only that it was a four stroke motor.
What ever happened with Surfango?
richg99
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by richg99 »

Let's see...$6,000 will buy an awful lot of Jon boat/Gheenoe/SoloSkiff....

What are they thinking???

richg99